Since the dawn of time humans have formed communities in order to feel a part of something. We are very aware that you are the sum of the people around you and this means that depending on the people who are involved in the community will determine if it enhances or detracts your life. Whenever you are part of a community or thinking about becoming part of one you need to be aware of the potential effects that it could have on you.
We have focused heavily on becoming part of great communities. We want to surround ourselves with values driven people who are interesting, have a positive view, and are focused on changing the world for the better.
Some of the amazing communities we are part of are:
We have such a strong opinion on the power of community that we have chosen to make community the centre of our value proposition in our businesses. WE is focused around a community of Gen Y who want to become better versions of themselves and WE LOVE NUMBERS is full of #bigapplevision entrepreneurs and people who love helping entrepreneurs.
Here are some 5 reasons why you should become part of a community:
- Inspiration and motivation – in strong communities there is always someone doing something amazing (if not many people!), which can have the effect of inspiring you to go harder and achieve bigger goals.
- Shared lessons – rather than having to learn from your own mistakes or successes you can reach out to the community and ask if anyone has had an experience that could be valuable to your situation.
- Contacts – in life and in business you are always in need of a particular service or may like to meet a particular person. When you are involved in a community it is highly likely that someone you know will be able to make an introduction for you.
- Opportunities – successful people are always doing cool stuff and when you are associated with them you often get to go along for the ride. Whether it’s a social activity, a once in a lifetime experience or a business opportunity, there is always an opportunity to be had.
- Fun – we are social animals and when you are part of a community there are always social aspects involved that you can have a lot of fun at.
What community are you part of or even better what community are you going to join?
Article first published on smartcompany.